Info point Viamala
Many observations can be made on the still preserved walls of the four-storey keep. Thus, the beam holes indicate the distribution of the rooms and their height, sometimes even the plaster is still visible. Each floor was equipped with an abortion bay. Interesting are the different types of walls: below "Pietra Rasa", further up "Fugenstrich" and at the top quarry stones and pebbles. Traces of a wooden arbor on the top floor are still visible. The visible walls were probably built around 1200. The castle is probably founded by the Barons of Vaz, in whose possession it is documented in 1285. After the death of the last Vazer in 1337, it passed to the Counts of Werdenberg-Sargans, against whose rule the Free of Shams rebelled around 1451 and broke the castle with others in such a way that a part remained as a memorial.
Alt Sins is privately owned. The complex is located directly on Burgenweg Domleschg and is accessible at your own risk.
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.