Burg Friedau und Haus zur Glocke
The complex was built by bishop Volkhart (1237-1251) of Chur. The once mighty fortification was the center of the episcopal basic jurisdiction. Later, the delinquents from the district of Five Villages were imprisoned in the castle. In the village fire of 1897, the plant was severely affected. Today the castle is owned by the district of Five Villages. Structural security measures were taken in 2001. One of the oldest buildings still inhabited in Zizers is the Haus zur Glocke. Once it was an inn, to which presumably also Susten (warehouses with horse positions) were attached. Later, the Haus zur Glocke served as the town hall of the district of Five Villages. It housed the district administration, the district office, the district notary's office, the debt enforcement and bankruptcy office as well as the guardianship authority. Today, the beautifully decorated Haus zur Glocke is used as a pure residential building.
Responsible for this content Heidiland Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.