Ruin Surselva

Burgruine Friberg, Trun

Das Foto zeigt ein Teil der Burgruine Friberg
Castle site, with small remains of walls on an elongated moraine hill on the road from Trun to Schlans.

Description

Castle site, with small remains of walls on an elongated moraine hill on the road from Trun to Schlans. On the highest point are foundations of an almost rectangular tower of about 10 by 11 m side length. Wall thickness, as far as determinable, of 1.8 m. Warehouse-like masonry of roughly hewn pebbles and moraine blocks. A mighty wall tooth of the north wall, which rose to the height of 4 or 5 storeys, collapsed on 16 November 1911 down to a low stump. At the northeastern edge of the terrain there is an open-walled tank cistern. Circular shaft with overflow. The mountain-side saddle, which served as a ditch and may have been the location of economic buildings, disturbed by the modern road. That the castle is related to the Edelfreie Friberg is possible, but not verifiable. It would be conceivable, for example, that the Fribergs would have built the festivals in the capacity of Disentiser Vögte. According to the synopsis, the administrator Antonius de Carnisio is said to have handed over the monastic castle to his brother Lanfrancus in 1249. Among the grievances of this administration, which we learn from a papal document of 1252, it is also mentioned that Antony sold the "castrum Fridelberg" for a large sum, or allowed its sale. Disputes over the "castrum Frickberg" also arose between the monastery and the Vogt Hugo von Werdenberg, who then returned the Breil farm and the castle "Frickberg" to the monastery in 1327.

(Recorded by Regiun Surselva)

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.