Info point Viamala
The ruin is located on a small hill on the western edge of the village and is heavily overgrown. The former structural connections are hardly recognizable anymore. Only the north-eastern corner of the tower has been preserved. Striking are the precisely layered masonry and the large corner bosses with edge stroke. Written documents about the origin and history of the castle are missing, but the tower was probably built in the 13th century. In an Urbar around 1370 Hasensprung is mentioned. Conceivable as owners are the Barons of Vaz, from whom the castle passed to the Werdenbergs and was destroyed in 1451 in the Schamser feud. At that time, the freemen rebelled on the Schamserbereg against the rule imposed on them by those of Werdenberg-Sargans. Grinding castles, the Schamser pulled down the Rhine until the lords gave in.
Hasensprung can only be reached via private property. The complex is visible from burgenweg Domleschg.
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.