Kapelle Sogn Roc e Sogn Bistgaun, Vella
Show all 11 images
The chapel is open daily from 08.00 - 18.00.
The chapel on the village square was donated by the judge Gallus of Mont during a plague epidemic and consecrated in 1592.
In 1940, the Graubünden artist Alois Carigiet designed the new façade with the two Saints Christophorus and Mauritius (2), the patron saint of Lugnez, on the occasion of the renovation and enlargement. The street-side outer wall shows a heavily restored fresco (3) by the hand of the wandering painter Hans Ardüser with the Radiant Wreath Madonna and the two saints.
The interior of the chapel is also dedicated to Ardüser (1557-1617). Particularly noteworthy is the small winged altar with the members of the de Mont family, whose castle is located next to the chapel. An order from the founder for the Protestant painter. In the middle picture, next to Mary, saints Roc and Bistgaun are depicted.
On the predella appears a common motif, the sweat cloth of Veronica held by two angels (6). The gable image (7) with the crucifixion, on the other hand, probably comes from Hans Jakob Greutter* from Brixen in South Tyrol.
*Hans Jakob Greutter: See also Cumbel/Val Gronda, Vella/Pleif, Lumbrein/Uors and
ValsKirchenführer im Peda Verlag, together with the church Pleif, is auf.
Text and images: Walter Müller (email@example.com) in cooperation with Surselva Tourismus.
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.