Chapel Surselva

Kapelle St. Apollonia, Trun

Das Foto zeigt die Kapelle St. Apollonia in Trun
The house chapel in the Cuort Ligia Grischa is dedicated to Saint Apollonia, the patron saint of dentists.

Description

The ceiling paintings were created by Johannes Jakobus Rieg from Chur, who worked in the Graubünden Oberland at the beginning of the 18th century. The small altar structure was designed in 1683 by monastery brother Peter Soler as a window frame. The pylon-like superstructures are closed by a very flat segmented gable and show in their arch niches the holy Ursicin and noble god, late Gothic representations of two abbots from the early days of the monastery Disentis. In the inner abdomens there are statues of Saint Apollonia and Barbara, which, like the candlestick angels, can certainly be attributed to the time of origin of the altar.

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.