Chapel Disentis Sedrun
Kapelle St. Valentin, Mompé-Medel
History: The chapel was first documented on 3 February 1650. The current construction of the church, which was certainly founded in the Middle Ages, was probably essentially re-listed according to the date inscription 1647. Construction description: Unpretentious chapel vaulted by tons with a choir closed on three sides, facing southeast. equipment: The wooden high altar consists of an aedicula with free columns surrounded by leaf tendrils and supporting an open segment roof with the Capuchin coat of arms. On the altarpiece St. Valentine with the sick boy. The statues of Catherine and Anna themselves, disfigured by a new painting. Parts of a late Gothic altar hang next to the choir entrance. Bells: With inscriptions 1790 and 1807.
By train from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Disentis. Postbus in the direction of Lukmanierpass to the stop Mompé Medel. On foot about 30 minutes, partly through a tunnel.
By car from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Disentis. Continue in the direction of the Lukmanier Pass until the Mompé Medel junction. Drive through a tunnel, then to the chapel, initially village.
The Oberalp Pass is closed to car traffic in winter.
Parking at the chapel
Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.