Katholische Bruder-Klaus-Kapelle, Ladir
Show all 9 images
The Catholic Brother Klaus Chapel is located next to the holiday home "Casa Bethania" on Pardipleun/Planezzas, a Maiensäss north of Ladir. The sisters of the Motherhouse Ilanz spend their holidays here in groups from June to autumn. Chapel and holiday home can be reached from Ladir in less than an hour on foot. With the permission of the municipality of Ladir, access on the paved road by car is possible. According to the inscription, the chapel was built in 1952 by master builder Alois Casutt from Falera. He used stones from the surrounding terrain and from the Fellerser Tobel. The east-facing church is closed on three sides. The trapezoidal wooden ceiling is raised above the altar. On the north side there are three, on the south side two round-arched windows with rectangular, pale-coloured panes in lead glazing. In the flat central part of the choir end there is a round window with stained glass. In front of the altar stands the folk altar with an altar stone with the year 1966. To the left and right of the altars are the carved statues of Our Lady (left) and St. Brother Klaus (right) on pedestals. Between the windows of the chapel are 14 Stations of the Cross. To the west a simple room for the accommodation of the priest with separate entrance. The facades of the chapel are unstructured and the ashlar stones are gritted. The gable roof is covered with copper sheets and rolled over the three-sided end. Above the choir there is a roof rider with a hexagonal pointed helmet. In it, the hand-drawn bell rings.
(Text entered by: Regiun Surselva)
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.