Church Disentis Sedrun
Kirche St. Plazidus, Disentis
Show all 5 images
Plazidus is the second Disentis saint. According to legend, he was murdered around the year 720. As early as 804, a chapel on the same site is documented. In 1458, however, an avalanche destroyed the building at that time. In the same year, the church was rebuilt and provided with an avalanche wedge, which is intended to divide the avalanche and thus protect the church.
In 1650, the current building was built according to the specifications of the master builder Domenico Barberi from Roveredo.
The high altar from 1750 is a composition of various old parts. In the altarpiece you can see Saint Plazidus, holding his head in his hands, and Saint Sigisbert, the first local saint.
By train from Andermatt over the Oberalp Pass or from Chur to Disentis
By car from Andermatt over the Oberalp Pass or from Chur to Disentis
Parking at the monastery
Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.