Historic Altsdtadt Chur
The city palace of Colonel Andreas von Salis-Soglio, built between 1751 and 1752, is characterised by its restrained elegance. The grey façades are sparsely decorated and the windows are arranged in an unobtrusively rhythmical fashion. However, the interior of the building, which is also known as the Graues Haus (Grey House), is rather more flamboyant: both the rooms, which are partly panelled, partly decorated with stucco, and the magnificent hall, with its Venetian chandelier, are particularly impressive. Nowadays, this commanding building houses the Cantonal Parliament, which purchased it in 1807.
Responsible for this content Chur - Die Alpenstadt.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.