Show all 11 images
Passing through the open gate under the tower, one reaches the almost symmetrical castle complex. It was built between 1782 and 1784 by joining various stages of construction (Ulysses Gugelberg). The ornamental garden and vineyard surround castle and court. There are a Gardener's house and a wine press in the northwest. In August 1926, the goat willow tree inspired Rainer Maria Rilke to write the poem "The Willow of Salenegg".
Responsible for this content Heidiland Tourismus.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.