Info Point Viamala


The youngest Flerdner fountain stands between the new and the old schoolhouse. It was built in 1993 by the Oberstufenschulverband Oberheinzenberg after the construction of the Oberstufenschulhaus of the municipalities flerden, Urmein and Tschappina. In the old schoolhouse there is now the village shop "Fontauna Gemella" with café, the community hall and the municipal chancellery Flerden.


water supply

Until the construction of the water supply in 1880, the wells of the inner part of the village were fed by the spring in the Pro Palutta. This spring still supplies the Gemsli property today. The outer part of the village was supplied from the spring located in the small forest above the church. From here, the water flowed into the outer village in a ditch that was still clearly visible. At the end of 1879 / beginning of 1880, the municipality must have decided to build a new water supply. There is much to suggest that the Flerdner could count on the support of the city of Chur. However, no further information can be found in the municipal archive.


Responsible for this content: Viamala Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.