Gorge Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
Show all 4 images
The rock path "Il Quar", about 600 metres long, blasted into the steep rock face, was created at the beginning of the twentieth century as access to the Pforzheimerhütte. This impressive gorge can be experienced as follows:
- Hike from/to Sur En
- Hike S-charl: Alp Sesvenna, Fora da l'Aua, Lais da Rims, Alp Sursass, Uina Dadaint, Uina Dadora, Sur En
- Mountain bike tour: Scuol-Tarasp train station, Gurlaina, Pradella, Sur En, Val d'Uina (bike must be pushed), Sesvenna hut, Schlinig, Laatsch, Taufers, Müstair, Sta. Maria
The Alp Uina Dadaint invites you to stop for a break.
In 1901, the Pforzheim section of the German Alpine Association set the milestone for the tourist development of the valley with the construction of the Pforzheimer Hut. Because the hut was difficult to reach from Switzerland at the time, the Pforzheim section and its initiator Adolf Witzenmann soon looked for ways to create a connection. So she soon came up with the idea of a rock path, finally had it planned, built down to the last detail and completed in 1910.
Schellen-Ursli filming location:
The crash of the loaded wagon and part of the cattle descent were filmed at Puntins Ots below the adventure and culture trail of the same name in the Val d'Uina. The wooden giant for the removal of logs was built especially for the film and can still be admired at the entrance to the valley, about 100 meters to the left above the path. Can you still hear the logs thundering into the valley? For more information about the bell Ursli, see scuol-zernez.com/schellen-ursli
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp (train station)
- PostBus connection to Sur En several times a day, via Sent
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- The Val d'Uina can be reached from the hamlet of Sur En on foot or by mountain bike
- Parking at Sur En, at the entrance to the valley, available
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.