Gorge Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
Show all 4 images
The rock path "Il Quar", which was blown up in the steep rock face, about 600 metres long, was laid out at the beginning of the twentieth century as an access to the Pforzheimerhütte. This impressive gorge can be experienced as follows:
- hike from/to Sur En
- S-charl: Alp Sesvenna, Fora da l'Aua, Lais da Rims, Alp Sursass, Uina Dadaint, Uina Dadora, Sur En
- mountain bike tour: Scuol-Tarasp station, Gurlaina, Pradella, Sur En, Val d'Uina (bike must be hit), Sesvenna hut, Schlinig, Laatsch, Taufers, Müstair, Sta. Mary
The Alp Uina Dadaint invites you to stop by.
In 1901, the Pforzheim section of the German Alpine Association, with the construction of the Pforzheimer Hütte, set the milestone for the touristic development of the valley. Because the hut was difficult to reach from Switzerland at that time, the Pforzheim section and its initiator Adolf Witzenmann soon looked for ways to create a connection. Soon she came up with the idea of a rock path, finally had it planned down to the last detail, built and completed in 1910.
The crash of the loaded car and part of the alpine retreat were filmed at Puntins Ots below the adventure and cultural trail of the same name in the Val d'Uina. The wooden giant for the removal of construction logs was built especially for the film and can still be admired at the valley entrance, about 100 meters to the left above the path. Can you still hear the tree trunks thundering into the valley? For more information on the Bell Ursli, see scuol-zernez.com/schellen-ursli
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp (train station)
- Multip times daily PostBus connection to Sur En, via Sent
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- The Val d'Uina can be reached on foot or by mountain bike from the hamlet of Sur En
- parking available at Sur En, at the entrance to the valley
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.