Visit the Viamala Canyon and experience this impressive monument for yourself. Carved through the massive cliffs thousands of years ago by glacial ice and the waters of the Rhine (Hinterrhein), the Viamala Canyon still contains living evidence of its fascinating history for you to discover today. Well worth a visit, even in bad weather!
- Visitor centre in the heart of the Gorge
- Truly incredible natural monument
- 359 step staircase to the canyon centre
- Millennia-old swirl potholes
- Up to 300 m high sheer cliffs
- Spectacular bridge constructions
Opening Times (24th March - 1st November 2016)
Viamala Canyon and Inforama open daily:
24th - 31st March, April and October 9.00 am - 6.00 pm
May to September 8.00 am - 7.00 pm
Individual Ticket Prices*
Adults CHF 6.00, Children (aged 6 - 16) CHF 4.00
Group Ticket Prices (10 or more people)*
Adults CHF 4.00, Children (aged 6 - 16) CHF 3.00
How to get there by road
- from the north take the A13 / E43 towards San Bernardino, exit at junction 23, signposted «Viamala P»
- from the south take the A13 / E43 towards Thusis, exit at junction 25, signposted «Zillis Viamala»
How to get there by public Transport / PostAuto
Get off at the «Zillis, Viamala-Schlucht» stop (1st April - 1st November 2016)
Group Guided Tours*
Available according to individual requirements when booked in advance.
Duration: approx. 1 hour. Max. 30 people per guide.
Price: CHF 120.00 excl. entrance ticket.
*Payment in cash (CHF or EUR).