Scuol – Sur En
The valley trail always follows the River Inn, over open terrain, through sparse forest and charming Engadine hamlets.
PostBus stop Scuol, Serras
PostBus stop Sent, Sur En (camping)
The starting point of the trail is in Scuol. Numerous mineral water springs have turned the main town of the Lower Engadine into a wellness destination. Some of the village fountains carry mineral water fresh from the spring. The old parts of the village, Scuol Sot and Scuol Sura, impress with their Romanesque residential culture. The Swiss National Park, the spa and of course the ski area make the village a popular holiday destination. The valley trail begins at the eastern edge of the village of Scuol. It crosses the Inn River for the first time via several bends and a slight downhill slope. Passing the small farming village of Pradella, you reach Sur En, the gateway to the Uina Gorge. In former times, there were three grain mills, sawmills, lime kilns, two leather tanneries, a smithy, a dye works, a roller and a cone mill here. Hard to imagine today at the sight of this dreamy mini-village.
- Refreshment stop in Sur En
- The cross-country race Passlung Martina - Scuol takes place on this route.
Road crossings in Pradella and Sur En. The trail is regularly groomed when conditions are good. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be taken into account before starting.
- 144 Emergency call, first aid
- 1414 Mountain rescue REGA
- 112 International emergency call
Cross-country skiing equipment, trail pass, sun protection, drinks.
From the PostBus stop, the route leads to the night trail opposite Pradella
Cross the Inn
Optional: additional loop Lischana
After Pradella along the Inn to Sur En
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or Upper Engadine) and PostBus (from Tarasp, Sent or Ftan) to Scuol-Tarasp station
- Continue with the PostBus to the cross-country ski trail entrance at the PostBus stop Scuol, Serras
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Scuol are located on the Engadine road H27
- Paid parking at the train station in Scuol
- Free parking in Scuol, Serras at the cross-country ski run
- Free parking in Pradella in front of the bridge at the power plant on the cross-country ski run
- Paid parking in Sur En
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.