Burgruine La Tur
The castle ruin Tur above Reischen is only a rifle shot away from Haselstein Castle. In the Tumrinnern there is a rest area with a fireplace, seating and a fountain.
Tur as the older of the two castles was abandoned in 1273 by Heinrich von Reischen, over seven hundred years the tower became a ruin. When the breach on the gorge side widened further in the winter of 2001, the collapse of the entire northern half had to be expected at any time.
With the preservation of Tur Castle, the institution Pro Castellis has taken on another task in addition to the maintenance of Haselstein Castle.
In 2009, the permanently secured ruin was handed over to the municipality. One of the safeguards was the development for the public: You can sit comfortably around the fire in the mighty iron sculpture "Torre in torre" in the paved tower interior, Reischen spring water flows at the fountain, an information board tells the history of the castle and the Lords of Reischen. The ruin lies on the cultural and long-distance hiking trail viaSpluga.
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.