Today's appearance is characterized by the conversions from the 16th and 17th centuries. The original building fabric has been preserved above all on the tower and on the east wing. An investigation of architectural history revealed a construction sequence in five phases – from the defensive tower of the 13th century to the castle complex of 1635.
Written information about the builders is missing, but it was probably the Lords of Campell, who built here the center of a small clearing rule. The Knights of Campell probably became extinct in the 14th century. A whole series of owners followed. By 1700, the castle was no longer inhabited, but was still in good condition. Then the slow decay began. In 1932, the Engadine Campell family was able to acquire the castle and bequeathed it to the Campell/Campi Ruin Foundation in 1987.
Campi is located at the entrance to the Schin gorge and is open to the public. Reachable on foot in about 30 minutes from Burgenweg Domleschg.
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.