Industrial monument Surselva
The Lumbrein power plant started production in 1919. The electrification of timber transport from Silgin to Lumbrein has been one of the main drivers to build its own power plant. The headquarters with the whole control system was located in Mulin. Until 1946, only the municipality of Lumbrein was connected to the electricity grid. It was not until 1946 that the municipality of Vrin was connected to the grid of the EW Lumbrein and supplied with electrical energy for the first time.
In 1979, the new headquarters in Schanaus-Sut were built. With a new pressure line and more drop height, in-house production can be massively increased. The old headquarters in Mulin was henceforth and still today used as a transformer and measuring station, command and distribution center, as well as a control for the entire operation. In 1992, a new and more modern turbine with more capacity was installed in Schanaus-Sut, which resulted in a further increase in in-house production.
Since 2011, EW Lumbrein has also been producing electricity via its own photovoltaic system. This is located on the Alp Staviala Vedra at 2'000 m above sea level.M. and has a size of 300m2.
(Text Societad Ovra electrica Lumbrein)
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.