Evangelische alte Pfarrkirche St. Martin, Ilanz
First mentioned in the will of Bishop Tello in 765. In the Carolingian Imperial Guturbar of about 840 it appears as a royal property with the right of tithing. In the indulgence letter of 1300 it is described as decayed. In 1460 and 1465, indulgences were granted in favor of the Marian altar of St. Martin's Church, which had its own chaplaincy, and the Local Brotherhood of Our Lady. Rededication with four altars in 1500. Until the Reformation, St. Martin remained a parish church with its own cemetery.Parish Church of St. Martin in the Reformation period
Until around 1520, the inhabitants of Ilanz, Strada, Flond and Luven went to church in St. Martin. When in 1520 the church of St. Margarethen became a parish church, the neighbors from Luven felt the way to the clergy was too long, and they applied for their own pastor. They also state that the parish priest in Ilanz preaches on German, which makes the Word of God incomprehensible.
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.