Church Surselva

Evangelische Kirche, Riein

img_4kq_cdjicedb
The Protestant church is located in Riein.

Description

History

The Carolingian Urbar calls Riein a royal church. The Patrozinium St. Nazarius is first known in 1487 and is the only one of this name in Graubünden. There are no longer any recognizable components from the early medieval collection. At the end of the 15th century the choir was rebuilt.

specifications

The north-facing complex consists of a rectangular nave and the retracted, three-sided closed choir, over which a star vault of two bays rests. The windows close in pressed pointed arches. The door to the tower round-arched with Gothic chamfer.
The tower stands on the west side of the choir and is probably still Romanesque in the main part. The onion-shaped helmet was rebuilt in 1881.

Modern equipment, two prismatic screw jugs, 1780, with the initials H C.Glocken
von den Gebr. Theus, 1881.

(Text entered by: Regiun Surselva)

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.