Kapelle Sogn Valentin, Vrin/Puzzatsch
Show all 6 images
The small chapel was consecrated in 1643 in honor of St. Bartholomew and St. Valentine. Today, only the title Sogn Valentin is called.
The chapel is open from May to November, in winter it is closed.
Puzzatsch is a Maiensässweihler belonging to the village of Vrin in the background of the valley at the beginning of the path to the Diesrut Pass. The chapel was consecrated on September 4, 1643 in honor of St. Bartholomew and Valentine. Today, only the title Sogn Valentin is called. The movements of the building ground led to the collapse of the brick ship vault in 1743. In 1744 the chapel received a flat wooden ceiling. The restoration of the chapel took place from 1984-1986 by the architects Zumthor and Bearth. On August 25, 1986, the church was reconsecrated by Vicar General Giusep Pelican on behalf of Bishop Johannes Vonderach.
Building description: South-facing baroque chapel with retracted, three-sided closed choir, which is vaulted with a barrel adapted to the polygon by means of a half-dome. In the nave you can still see the remains of cross vaults, which were replaced by a rural painted flat ceiling during a renovation around 1744. The façade is divided into six fields by pilasters and a cornice. Gable roof. Neither tower nor bell chair. The bells hang in a gable opening.
Altar: The three altars are made of wood. The high altar is a two-storey structure of winding columns and pilasters with lateral acanthus tendrils. In front of the pilasters the figures of St. John of Nepomuk and Laurentius. The two side altars were also created in 1731 and composed as counterparts. Painted leather apendias, around 1730.
Bells: Franz Theus, 1848. Illegible foundry name without date.
(Recorded by: Regiun Surselva)
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.