Chapel Surselva

Kapelle St. Anna, Trun

Das Foto zeigt die Kapelle St. Anna in Trun
The Chapel of St. Anna is located in Trun. The chapel is open all day.

Description

HistoryOn

October 18, 1500, the chapel of St. Mary in Trun was consecrated in honor of the Virgin Mary, her mother Anna and St. Andrew, Nicholas, Wolfgang and Helene. It is not to be assumed that the chapel was built in memory of the Upper Covenant invoked under the maple. The patron saint of the Covenant was St. George. The patrons St. Anna, Wolfgang and Helene point more to a relationship with mining. In 1515 the chapel of St. Anna was consecrated again. Presumably, a radical new building was built in 1500 and the interior was renewed by 1515. The present chapel, a new building from 1704 with three altars, dated from 1778, wall paintings and sayings in the vestibule.

Building descriptionThe

north-facing, baroque complex consists of a three-bay nave and a retracted, three-sided closed choir, vaulted by barrels with stitch caps, separated in the nave by straps, adapted to the polygon in the choir. The exposure increases the free and light effect. It is carried out in the wall zone through rectangular windows, in the shields by Oculi. The ship walls are divided by round-arched panels. In the gable the date 1704. The south front is preceded by an open portico resting on four Tuscan columns with three ridged cross vaults. Above the nave and choir is a uniform gable roof, on which sits a roof rider with a curly hood.

Stucco and muralsReviews

, Immaculate, Family Tree of Christ, Nativity of Mary and the Holy Family, 1704.

FurnishingsThe

high altar forms an aedicula with two columns, a curly gable, 1704. The altarpiece depicts St. Anna and St. Joseph. The pulpit consists of a domed polygonal body, 1704. Benches with relief carvings, 18th century. On the choir arch a crucifix made of wood, around 1500-1515. Above the entrance a Baroque statuette of St. Anne, 17th century.

Bells: With inscriptions, 1426 and 1500.The maple, under which the Upper League was founded according to the tradition first communicated by Campell in 1574, stood to the east next to the Anna Chapel.

(Text entered by: Regiun Surselva)

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.