Chapel Disentis Sedrun

Kapelle St. Lorenz und St. Sebastian, Laus

Das Foto zeigt die Kapelle St. Lorenz
Das Foto zeigt die Kapelle St. Lorenz
The chapel of Laus was built in 1587 and consecrated on August 3, 1592. The patron saints are the two saints Laurentius (Romanesque s. Luregn) and Sebastianus (Romanesque s. Bistgaun). The Capuchins demolished the old church in 1695 and replaced it with a new building.

Description

The chapel faces east and has a flat closed choir vaulted with a barrel. The ship is covered with a plaster ceiling in the shape of a barrel. The chapel has a gable roof with an octagonal pointed helmet crowned roof rider. The longitudinal walls are divided inside and outside by blind arches. On the façade are the numbers 1592 and 1695. The chapel in Laus has 3 altars. These wooden altars were built at the time of the new building around 1695. On the picture of the high altar, the two church patrons Laurentius and Sebastianus are depicted together with St. Francis. The 2 side altars, on the right with the image of St. Lucius (who converted as King of Britain and then acted as the first messenger of faith in Raetia) and Florinus (a local), on the left the Altar of Our Lady (Queen of Angels). Today the altar again has a dressed Madonna and Child. The cornices, the windows and the choir arch are decorated. On the choir arch the Annunciation is depicted and in the choir vault is the image of Our Lady, surrounded by the 4 evangelists.

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.