Chapel

Kapelle St. Maria auf dem Lukmanier

Kapelle Sontga Maria

Description

History: On January 28, 1374, Abbot John granted Brother Thaddaeus permission to build a chapel in honor of Mary and a hospice on the Lukmanier to receive the travelers.  specifications: The chapel consists of a uniform rectangular room without a separate choir, but covered with a ridged twin vault from 1577. In the wall next to the block on the right, a cube-shaped niche for altarpieces. The window shapes new. The entrance with straight lintel. Murals: On the final wall on the side of the new altar two saints each, on the left St. Martin on horseback with the beggar, and St. Placidus, carrying his head in his hands; the blood shooting from the neck trunk is surrounded by an aureole; on the right the Aebte St. Sigisbert and Benedikt. On the east wall St. Johannes Ev. At the vault of the Assumption of Mary. The paintings created around 1577 are capable works that stand above the average craftsmanship. In the monastery museum Disentis Wooden sculpture of an enthroned Mother of God, 15th century Bell: The bell is new, the former one bore the number 1802.

Directions

Public Transport

By train from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Disentis. Postbus to Lukmanier Passhöhe (mid-June to mid-October) www.sbb.ch

In winter, the Lukmanier Pass is not accessible by public transport.

Directions

By car from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Disentis. Junction Lukmanierpass.

Winter opening: www.lucomagno.ch

Parken

Parking at the top of the pass

Map

Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.