Kapelle St. Martin / S. Martin, Brigels
Show all 3 images
History: The St. Martin's Chapel is not mentioned among the branches of the parish church in 1185 and does not appear in medieval documents. Reconstruction of the tower helmet, 1736.
Building description: Chapel facing east, a choir tapered towards the depth, flat closed, vaulted with a barrel and separated from the nave by a semicircular arch. Above the nave a late Gothic ceiling. Three round-arched windows with sloping stitch arches. To the west the round-arched entrance. The choir is apparently without association with the ship. Uniform gable roof.
The tower: Romanesque. Stands in the escape with the west façade and has round-arched sound windows with supports and fighters. High, octagonal pointed helmet.
Murals: They are similar to St. Jacob's, dating from 1515.
The Gothic winged altar, dated from 1518, in the middle of the titular saint St. Martin. The wings are painted inside and out. Inside St. Catherine and Barbara, outside the three kings. The reverse is completely painted with St. George, the dragon slayer.
Bell: With inscription, 1819.
(Text entered by: Regiun Surselva)
The chapel key is available at the Brigels information office or at the Alpina family hotel.
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.