Kirche Nossadunna, Degen
Show all 9 images
The church grounds surrounded by a wall stand in the village part "Fraissen" on the old valley road.
The church is open daily from 09.00 - 18.00.
The main entrance is marked by an impressive gate decorated with frescoes (2).
Various painters left their traces over the centuries, whereby the scenes, which had been covered for a long time, were only made visible again during the renovation of 1910. The left side of the nave with the pulpit refers to the art of Hans Jakob Greutter*: Half hidden from the organ loft is the Rosary Royal Madonna (3) with St. Dominic and St. Catherine of Siena. Next to the pulpit is James the Elder (4) with the walking stick and nine pictures from his life. The kneeling figures are members of the Cabalzar family, who probably made the pilgrimage to Santiago di Compostela.
The walls in the choir are completely painted. On the right side impresses a Marian coronation (5). The late Gothic winged altar from 1520 comes from the workshop of Christoph Scheller (6). The two side altars were supplied in the 18th century by the Ritz workshop. A look into the choir vault is worthwhile to study the angels with their various musical instruments (7).
The depiction of the Last Judgement, which can only be seen from the organ loft, is disappointing in that the heavy destruction that occurred during the installation of a window reveals only a few details. On the left side, however, the angel is recognizable, which shows the redeemed the way to heaven (8). Of course, the color red on the right clearly indicates hell.
*Hans Jakob Greutter: see also Cumbel/Valgronda, Vella/Pleif, and Uors
Text and images: Walter Müller (firstname.lastname@example.org) in cooperation with Surselva Tourismus
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.