"I've been with the Capricorn Kitz for a year now. The cool thing about it is that you do something together and spend a lot of time outdoors in nature. What I also think is great is that I got to know many other children and visited places in the Beverin Nature Park where I had never been before. Last year I learned a lot about birds and built an insect hotel. But I liked best when the forester came along and told me about the capercaillie. We older children also contribute to the program; we help the little ones and prepare games for them."
igl datgea digl capricorn – where Capricorn is at home
Four valleys, two cultures, one park – known for deep gorges, intact villagescapes, landscape-defining churches, crystal-clear mountain lakes and majestic ibex, also called Capricorn. In the heart of the park around the Piz Beverin (2998 m above sea level) is the ibex colony Safien-Rheinwald with around 350 animals.
The foundation of the 413 square kilometre Beverin Nature Park is formed by the approximately 3000 inhabitants of the eleven park municipalities, including Tschappina as the only municipality from Heinzenberg. Together with them, the park is working on the future of the region. The desired goals are pursued by means of a wide variety of projects, such as the young research group "Capricorn Kitz" or the adventure trail "Glaspass – Ein Berg im Fluss". During the creation of the adventure trail, great importance was attached to regional production and work assignment. For example, the benches are made of local wood and were produced and processed in the nature park.
Tasks and objectives of the Beverin Nature Park
- Maintaining the quality of natural and cultural landscapes, waters and habitats
- Strengthening the local economy and safeguarding existing jobs
- Strengthening regional identity and cultivating cultural diversity in the valleys
- Care and sustainable use of valuable nature
- Making regional culture visible, promoting and developing it
- Promotion of nature- and culture-oriented tourism
- Support for the marketing of regional products (agriculture, wood, crafts, etc.)
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.