Village Val Surses Savognin Bivio
Show all 3 images
The former municipality of Tinizong-Rona was formed on 1 July 1998 from the merger of the two villages Tinizong and Rona. Since 2016, the village belongs to the municipality of Surses.
Tinizong was first mentioned in Roman times as Tinnetione in the Itinerarium Antonini. In Carolingian times, Tinizong was the seat of a royal court. In the late Middle Ages until 1834, the village took an important position with the Port as a transit point for pass traffic. With the decision of the Grand Council in 1834 to abolish port duties and transport privileges, Tinizong lost its important position as a place of traffic and transhipment. In 1610, a fire destroyed the main part of the village and parts of the Blasiuskirche from the 9th century. In 1631 the Capuchins took over the parish. Among them, today's Baroque building, which is worth seeing, was built. The precious Gothic winged altar dates from 1512.
Manganese ores (steel refiners) were mined in the Val d'Err, including the very rare ores tinzenite, parsettensite and sursassitol, whose names suggest their origin.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.