Alpine Pass Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
To reach the alpine pastures of the Grossvermunt in the north of the Silvretta main ridge, you had to drive the cattle from Guarda 1650 m through the Val Tuoi at 2798 m over this pass. There was no question that it was dangerous, as both cattle and people repeatedly fell into crevasses. The hikes in this region are also a tradition. Already in the 7th millennium BC in the Val Tuoi, hunters rested at a boulder and lit fires.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) hourly to Guarda (train station)
- Several daily PostBus connection from Guarda, staziun to Guarda, cumün
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Guarda can be reached from the Engadinerstrasse H27 near Giarsun in a five-minute drive
- Paid parking in front of Guarda
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.