Chapel Surselva

Wallfahrtskapelle zum Heiligen Grab, Sevgein

<a href='https://www.nordlichtphoto.com'>www.nordlichtphoto.com/</a>
img_4kq_cfadfbei

Show all 7 images

img_4kq_cfadfbej
The Pilgrimage Chapel to the Holy Sepulchre is located in Sevgein. The chapel will be opened on request by telephone to the Catholic parish.

Wallfahrtskapelle zum Heiligen Grab, Sevgein

Curschetta 49B, 7127 Sevgein

Description

Architectural history: According to an inscription above the door, built in 1679. Consecrated on 7 July 1683.
In honor of the Holy Sepulchre with an altar. A first enlargement took place in 1736. In 1774, in order to extend the nave, the choir was shortened and the whole church was raised. (Master Barogi of Dardin). In the past, pilgrimages of about 5000 pilgrims took place here every year.
Building description: Baroque, west-facing complex, consisting of a nave vaulted with a barrel and a flat-closed, retracted choir with cross vault. Square windows and oculi. In the north wall a round-arched funerary chapel, gable roof with roof turret crowned by the onion tower.
Three wooden altars: The high altar is a concave structure with smooth columns. In the niche a Pietà, in front of the columns angels with the passion tools; Construction around 1775, the Pietà around 1680. The side altars with Rococo ornamentation St. Joseph and St. Michael 1740.Bells
With inscriptions 1901.

(Text entered by: Regiun Surselva)

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.