Mountain Hut

Mountain Lodge Segnespass

Mountain Lodge Segnespas
Overnight stay in the Mountain Lodge on the Segnes Pass in the heart of the "UNESCO World Heritage Tectonic Arena Sardona".


The Segnespasshütte was built by the Glärnisch fortress group shortly before the end of World War II in 1944. It served as mountain accommodation for the cannon and machine gun positions on the eastern flank of the Tschingelhörner. In the 1950s, the hut was serviced by the Elm Ski Club. Legendary hut attendants were, according to the chronicle, SC Elm, dr Sunnä Häns, dr Wald Ös, and of course the fast runner Oswald Rhyner (EW Ös), who sometimes had to go from Elm to the pass quickly in the evening because the guests pulled the door behind them and From the 1960s onwards, the hut was rarely used by the military and private individuals alike, but it was still maintained. In 1983 the hut was separated from the rock because of the water ingress, so that you can walk through behind the hut. The roof was also renewed with a Montanable sheet in 1983.


Public Transport

Stop: Flims Bergbahnen. 

By Postbus from Chur or by public Flims Laax Falera Shuttle


By car motorway A13 from Zurich, exit 18 Flims


750 parking spaces in multi-storey car park Flims Bergbahnen


Mountain Lodge Segnespass

7017 Flims Dorf

Responsible for this content: Flims Laax Falera Management Ltd..
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.