Susch – La Fuorcha – Zernez
Show all 5 images
Easy hike along the Inn, across the snowy plains towards Zernez.
Susch railway station
Zernez railway station
From Susch railway station, the path leads to the western end of the village. Cross the covered wooden bridge to reach the other side of the Inn, where the hiking trail begins. The trail always follows the Inn upstream to the spacious plains on the valley floor. Where the valley becomes narrower and narrower and the Engadine road, the Inn, the cross-country ski trail and the winter hiking trail share the space, you continue to Zernez. There you walk through the village to the railway station.
The «La Tuor» tower and the «Rohan» fortress characterise the village of Susch. It is the only place in the Lower Engadine where the Inn River flows through the middle of the village.
The trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be observed before starting.
Attention: The trail leads through game rest zones, please do not leave forest paths.
Attention: the trail partly runs on cross-country ski trails - please walk on the edge of the trails.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
High and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, walking sticks
- From Susch railway station to the west
- At the end of the village cross the Inn over the wooden bridge
- Follow the path upstream to Zernez
- Through the village to the railway station
By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from the Upper Engadine or from Scuol) hourly to Susch station.
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Susch is located directly on the Flüela Pass and on the Engadine road H27 (5 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal)
- Paid parking at the railway station in Susch
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.