Show all 5 images
The castle ruins east of Splügen are the only castle complex in the valley.
The castle ruins are located not far east of the village on a terrace above the Hinterrhein. The fortified Palas with kennel-like forecourt stands on the old valley path and on a Letzi, which once blocked the passage here. There is no clarity about the client. The older literature assigns the castle to the late 13th century and the Barons of Vaz. According to recent research, however, it is more likely that it was not built until around 1340 by the Counts of Werdenberg-Sargans.
The ruin is open to the public.
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.