Chapel Heidiland

Kapelle St. Jakob

img_4kq_geeibbfi
Modest building of the chapel in Flums

Description

Southwest of Gräpplang stands the small St. Jakobs Chapel. The chapel is an inconspicuous, modest building both inside and out. The altar house is decorated with Gothic frescoes. Famous is the arched window with the Madonna of Flums, the oldest glass painting in Switzerland (12th century). There is a copy in the chapel, the original has been kept in the National Museum in Zurich since 1889. Together with the St. Justus reliquary, it is one of the most valuable treasures of the Landesmuseum.

Map

Responsible for this content Heidiland Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.