Ruin Surselva

Ruine Friberg, Siat

<a href='https://www.nordlichtphoto.com'>www.nordlichtphoto.com/</a>
x-default

Show all 4 images

img_4kq_cggebhba
On a mighty rock block above the village of Siat are the remains of the former Friberg Castle, which belonged to the noblemen of the same name.

Description

On a mighty rock block above the village of Siat are the remains of the former Friberg Castle, which belonged to the noblemen of the same name. These were related, probably even tribal with the Frauenberg. The first representative of this family, Frederick, is attested from 1255 - 1289. After the extinction of the Friberg around 1330, the castle changed hands on several occasions until it was sold to disentis Abbey in 1472. The castle was probably abandoned in the 15th century.

(Recorded by Regiun Surselva)

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.