Info Point Viamala

Der verliebte Zürcher

Der verliebte Zürcher
In 1863, a gentleman von Dietzen from Berlin bought the two fields on which Villa Hestia stands today for little money.


Soon he began to build a house – but sold the property before completion. From then on, it was to change hands regularly until 1912, when the Zurich banker's son Rudolf Guyer took over the property.

Guyer had lost his heart to the daughter of a Thusner blacksmith: Margherita Engeli. He continued to expand the villa for them. He had Zurich architects enlarge the main building and equip it with a lot of luxury. The passionate motorist spent about as much on the Arvenstube as others spent on a single-family house.

Later, the fortress guard and the children's home Christofferus found shelter in the classicist villa. In the early 70s, Guyer's heirs sold the property, after which it was extensively renovated.

In the 90s, the owners caused a stir with several art exhibitions. Today, the villa accommodates residential units.


Der verliebte Zürcher

Villa Hestia, 7430 Thusis

Responsible for this content: Viamala Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.