Alpine Pass Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
In order to reach the alpine pastures of the Grossvermunt in the north of the Silvretta main ridge, one had to drive the cattle from Guarda 1650 m through the Val Tuoi at 2798 m over this pass. The fact that it was dangerous was out of the question, as both cattle and people repeatedly fell into crevasses. The hikes in this region are also a tradition. Already in the 7th millennium B.C. in the Val Tuoi, hunters stopped at a boulder and lit fires.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) hourly to Guarda (station)
- Multip times daily PostBus connection from Guarda, staziun to Guarda, cumün
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Guarda can be reached from the Engadinerstrasse H27 near Giarsun in a five-minute drive
- Free parking in front of Guarda
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.