442.03 Regional Bike Route Engiadina Bassa: Ramosch – Martina
Show all 6 images
After the start in historically important Ramosch, the trail climbs steadily and steeply, always with the ruins of Tschanüff Castle behind you, to the flat "Motta". Here it is worth taking a short breather with views eastwards to Tschlin and neighbouring Austria, southwards into the wild Val d'Assa and Val d'Uina, and westwards via Ramosch towards Scuol and Sent to the Lower Engadine Dolomites. The terraced slopes around the Motta area still bear witness to the former cultivation of grain in this dry region and motivated settlers in the Bronze and Iron Ages to settle here.
The subsequent descent to Seraplana is relaxing, before the long climb to Tschlin and on to Alp Tea once again places high demands on your stamina. Once above the tree line, it is recommended in summer to stop at Alp Tea and enjoy some well-deserved refreshment before the final descent to Martina.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Consideration for hikers
Most of the mountain bike routes in Graubünden run on single trails that are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have the right of way.
- Motta plain
- Direction Seraplana
- Cantonal road
- Tschlin church
- Val Puntsot
- left over Pra Grond
- Direction Alp Tea
- Forstrasse via Vadrain
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp and then by PostBus to Ramosch, Fermada.
- By PostBus from Scuol and Martina hourly to Ramosch, Fermada.
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27, as far as Ramosch.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Reschenpass, after Martina on the H27 to Ramosch
- From the south: via Reschenpass to Martina, there in the direction of St. Moritz on the H27 to Ramosch
- Ramosch is located directly on the H27 cantonal road (approx. 30 min. from Vereina south portal in Sagliains).
- Free parking in Ramosch, Plaz by the church
Responsible for this content: Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.