Bad Ragaz - Porta Romana - Pfäfers - Bad Ragaz
Show all 12 images
We leave Bad Ragaz station in an easterly direction, cross the Tamina and walk to the Neugüter signpost. Then it goes south to the Rosenbergli. Here begins the ascent to Porta Romana, the former Roman army and trade route. In the small vineyard area, the "Portaser" is grown.
Soon our gaze falls on the chapel of St. George from 1430 built on rocks and on the ruins of the former fortress Wartenstein, which was built in 1206 by order of Abbot Konrad von Zwiefalten as a bulwark against the patrons of the monastery.
In 1838, the monastery was abolished and came into the possession of the Canton of St.Gallen, which today uses the premises as a psychiatric clinic. After crossing the village we take a look into the Tamina Valley, then we follow the Valurweg downhill. On a safe way at the upper edge of the Tamina Gorge we reach back to Bad Ragaz - directly to the entrance of the Tamina Therme, where the strained legs can be regenerated in the pleasantly warm water.
Responsible for this content Heidiland Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.