Val Sinestra – Fuorcla Maisas – Samnaun Dorf
Show all 4 images
Fifth stage of the multi-day National Park Hiking Tour, variant from Val Sinestra via Fuorcla Maisas to the only duty-free area in Switzerland.
PostBus stop Val Sinestra
PostBus stop Samnaun village, post
Transfer by PostBus from Sent to the Val Sinestra (1524 m above sea level). The hike begins at the Val Sinestra spa hotel. Until the Zuort farm, the stream La Brancla is crossed several times, crossing two suspension bridges. The flower and herb meadows begin at the Zuort farm. From Griosch, hike about 500 meters out of the valley before the path branches off towards Fuorcla Maisas. Via Alp Pradgiant you climb steadily upwards. The vegetation diminishes as you approach the highest point of this stage, the Fuorcla Maisas (2907 meters above sea level). On the pass between Muttler and Stammerspitz the view opens up into the Val Maisas. On the western flank of the Muttler, the highest mountain of Samnaun, the route is stony and steep down to the Rossboden. From here the vegetation takes over again and accompanies the hikers through the Val Maisas to Samnaun village.
The tour has been evaluated under favorable weather conditions. Current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be taken into account before the tour starts. This hike requires elementary alpine experience, orientation skills, hiking boots are recommended.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Good shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, bandages
- Start at the spa hotel Val Sinestra
- Follow the stream La Brancla in the direction of the Zuort farm and cross it
- Further to Griosch
- Approx. 500 m towards the end of the valley
- Turn off in the direction of Fuorcla Maisas
- Via Alp Pradgiant to Fuorcla Maisas
- After crossing the pass steeply down to Rossboden
- Through the Val Maisas to Samnaun
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadin) or with the PostBus (from Martina, Ftan or Tarasp) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp station
- With the PostBus course No. 925 from Scuol-Tarasp via Sent into the Val Sinestra.
- On north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Val Sinestra near Sent can be reached in 20 minutes by car from the Engadine road H27 near Scuol (50 minutes drive from Vereina south portal)
Free parking below Hotel Val Sinestra
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.