Church San Bernardino Mesolcina Calanca
Chiesa di San Carlo Borromeo
In 1611 the bishop of Chur who came to Lostallo to visit the church of St. George approved the construction of a new church. In 1626 the walls were erected, the inauguration took place on April 10, 1633. It was dedicated to St. Charles Borromeo who passed in Mesolcina 50 years earlier. In 1639, however, it did not yet have the bell tower that was probably built in the second half of the seventeenth century. It was restored in 1838 and 1959. The church is a simple construction with a square choir and bell tower to the north, with an octagonal crowning. The facades are smooth. The frame of the granite portal bears the date 1838, the roof is in piode. The church bell already looks like it. It was melted down in 1432 and probably comes from the parish.
Responsible for this content Ente Turistico Regionale del Moesano San Bernardino, Mesolcina, Calanca.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.