Around 1667, the cousins Rudolf and Johann Rudolf von Schauenstein acquired the crumbling building from the possession of the Bishop of Chur and fundamentally renewed it. The current appearance goes back to this extension and to the conversions by the von Planta family with garden arrangement shortly after 1900. The house once housed the Fürstenau school. After a few changes of ownership, it passed to the Heinrich Schwendener Foundation. In 2003, the castle was converted into a restaurant and hotel under the aegis of top chef Andreas Caminada and is regularly awarded by the relevant juries. In 2011, Caminada opened "La Tavlada" in the opposite Remisa and in 2018 the "Casa Caminada" with shop, bakery and restaurant in two converted stables.
Schauenstein Castle is used as a restaurant and hotel. The complex is located directly on the Burgenweg Domleschg.
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.