Sargans - Oberschan - Buchs
Show all 4 images
Sargans, first mentioned in history in 765, served as the seat of the Counts of Werdenberg-Sargans in the 13th century and was granted town rights in 1337. From the town we climb the stone stairs up to the castle and on the meadow path to Retellerstrasse, which we follow upwards to the next hairpin bend. Downwards we reach the hamlet of Vild, where the railway of the Gonzen iron mine, which was shut down in 1966, left the tunnel. Directly on the path is the Marienkapelle, built in 1602. We follow the path to the Maiensäss Atscha and the Schollberg quarry. In the Chlefibünt we cross the Trübbach and the Luterbach and climb on the stony mountain path past the Pfadiheim up to Böschen and through the Böschenwald. Below us lies the ruins of Wartau Castle, first mentioned in 1261, which gave the community and the landscape its name. On the dirt road we reach Malans and Oberschan. The old building with the bell tower once served as a schoolhouse. Passing the former Seelein in schaner Riet we hike via Martinis - Plana to Valschnära. Via Hof - Untergass we reach Ortisei, a former Walser settlement with well-preserved and partly protected houses. Through the beautiful mixed forest you go to the Valcupp and via Rans to the village part of Räfis. At the station we cross the railway line and walk via Burgerau to the Werdenberger Binnenkanal, which we follow on the left side to Buchs station.
Responsible for this content Heidiland Tourism Ltd..
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.