Uina-Bernina Bike-Tour, Etappe 3: Livigno–Bernina–S-chanf
Show all 3 images
The route from Livigno to The Forcola di Livigno (2316m) runs on the new bike path and the pass road and is ideal for rolling in. The route continues to the right from the pass road and follows the attractive "Val Minur Marmotta Trail", which connects the Forcola di Livigno with the Forcola Minor, which reaches the highest point at the Motta Bianca (2561m) and continues to the Ospizio Bernina.
The route to Poschiavo leads past Lago Bianco (2234m) to the starting point of the 1,200-metre single trail experience "Bernina Express" to Poschiavo. The partly difficult trail (S2, partly large stone slabs) runs via Alp Grüm (2091m), Cavaglia (1703m) and Cadera (1461m), whereby the railway line is crossed again and again. In Poschiavo (1014m) it is worthwhile to have a coffee in the piazza and enjoy the Italian flair of the place before taking up the ride on the Bernina Railway. As an alternative to this, the «Poschiavino Trail», along the Poschiavinos, is recommended.
From Poschiavo, the Rhaetian Railway takes you up the entire altitude difference back to Bernina Suot station (2046m) and on to Pontresina (1805m). To get to the place of the day's destination, you have to change in Pontresina to the train towards Scuol-Tarasp. Optionally, this route can be covered by bike from Bernina Suot past the Morteratsch Glacier to Pontresina (1805m). Then continue on a gravel road to Punt Muragl (1738m), past the Engadin Airport to the stage destination S-chanf.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the start of the tour. This tour requires a high degree of driving safety, balance and technical skills.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Be considerate when crossing and overtaking hikers.
The Grisons mountain bike routes run to a large extent on single trails, which are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have priority.
Livigno, Centro direction Forcola di Livigno (2316m)
At the point «Baitel del Gras degli Agnelli» turn right until you reach the viewpoint «La Stretta» (2476m)
Single trail to Alp la Stretta (2427m)
Alpstrasse to the parking lot of the Diavolezza cable car (2093m)
Continue to Poschiavo:
- «Poschiavo Trail» along the Poschiavino River or
- Along the Bernina Railway route past Lago Bianco (2234m) to the Bernina Pass, starting point of the single trail "Bernina Express" to Poschiavo (via Alp Grüm (2091m), Cavaglia (1703m) and Cadera (1461m))
From Poschiavo take the RhB to Bernina Suot station (2046m)
Continue towards Pontresina (1805m), past the Morteratsch Glacier
- RhB direction Scuol-Tarasp to S-chanf or
- Gravel road to Punt Muragl (1738m) and on to S-chanf
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from the Upper or Lower Engadine) every hour to Zernez station
- By PostBus from Val Müstair and Mals every hour to the PostBus stop Punt la Drossa P4
- From Zernez and Punt la Drossa P4 several times a day (not hourly) to PostBus stop Livigno, Centro
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass to Zernez on H27. From Zernez on the H28 to Munt la Schera and through the toll tunnel la Schera to Livigno (45 minutes from Vereina south portal)
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Zernez. on Zernez on the H28 to Munt la Schera and through the toll tunnel la Schera to Livigno.
- From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to the Ofenpass to Munt la Schera and through the toll tunnel la Schera to Livigno.
- Paid parking in Livigno (starting point)
- Paid parking in S-chanf (destination)
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.