Lag da Pigniu / Panixersee
Show all 3 images
The lake is located two kilometers from the village of Pigniu. It is about 1.5 kilometers long and about 250 meters wide. It is fed by some nameless mountain streams. Around the lake leads an easy-to-walk walking or walking path. For the circumnavigation you need about an hour. On the west side, several large waterfalls plunge into the valley in the rear part.
The 270-meter-long dam was built between 1980 and 1990.
The complex consists of the dam wall with two water catchments on the eastern slope of the valley, the pressure tunnel to the moated castle, another water catchment at the moated castle, the pressure tunnel and the headquarters in Ilanz.
The dam is owned and operated by Kraftwerke Ilanz AG
In May 1999, the artist Martin Valär painted the dam wall with a huge picture. In 25 working days, a 195-meter-wide and 30-meter-high painting with twelve-meter-high soldiers was created. The topic is the crossing of the Panixer Pass by the Russian army under General Suvorov in the Second Colation War on 6 and 7 October 1799 on the retreat from the Glarus region to Graubünden. 2000 soldiers were killed. Suvorov is depicted as a wavering blue tower, a symbol of how the general and his army had been pushed back and forth by the rulers of the time as if on a chessboard. The fallen soldiers are depicted as pawns of a chess game. The dispersion paint used should withstand the weather conditions for 20 to 30 years.
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.